Don't Get Left Behind in the Mobile Stampede
There is a major shift in consumer media consumption and usage, representing a move to anything and everything mobile. This includes mobile-centric social networks, mobile video, and mobile location-based services. Companies involved with one or more of these are well positioned to take advantage of this massive shift that is happening. Those not thinking about mobile applications will be left behind the mobile stampede.
Technology, applications, and business models are changing because of this shift. How organizations view the opportunities and capitalize on this shift are at the forefront of strategic thinking of most companies today.
Big Trends in Mobile Device Use
A recent report from BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s subscription research service, explores mobile trends:
- Mobile usage is at an all-time high. U.S. consumers spend more time on their phones than watching TV.
- 5G networks launched in 2019. 5G smartphone shipments in 2020 reached 74 million and will increase to 425 million in 2023. This is the opportune time to explore rich media experiences that take advantage of 5G's speed and low latency.
- Privacy regulations will impact how companies can collect and use consumer data.
- Wearables will continue to evolve and gain users, but many will remain tethered to smartphones.
- Hearables (earphones with internet connectivity) and augmented reality (AR) will gain strength.
- Connected TV (CTV) will also grow quickly, which will influence the mobile strategies of over-the-top (OTT) video providers.
- Contactless card growth will continue shaping the mobile payments landscape.
Businesses seeking to capitalize on these trends are faced with the challenge of understanding the diverse and constantly changing mobile habits and preferences of consumers and target markets.
Use Mobile Development to Reach Key Audiences
Effectively reaching your mobile audience is no longer as simple as selecting your target platform, developing the application, and deploying. The rapid changes in device adoption and user behavior have significant impact on the mobile development process. Increased emphasis is required during the planning phase of the project. To ensure a viable long-term mobile strategy is in place, businesses cannot overlook the importance of this part of the mobile lifecycle.
There are many considerations that contribute to the success of your mobile application project. Consider the following:
- Find a mobile application development company that understands your business goals first.
- Find a group of experts who can design and develop an application to meet the overall business requirements.
- Find a company to provide technology leverage, which outperforms competitive applications. Take advantage of the resources available from a focused company to achieve your goals faster and more efficiently. You don’t have to do it alone.
- There is not enough mobile developer talent to feed consumer and enterprise demand for applications. That's where a mobile application development company comes in to play.
Companies, like TDK Technologies provide mobile application development services which allow organizations to take advantage of these unprecedented shifts in mobile usage. How does it fit into your strategy to achieve your business objectives?